Thursday, September 17, 2009
I would like to thank the lovely Coco from Screaming for Chocolate for recognizing this blog with an award. I am now required to list 7 things about myself that you will find interesting. Obviously I don't have 7 or even 2 things very interesting to write about, so I will give you 7 less than interesting things about myself.
1. My Granfather Ungaro's dying words to me were:
"Leenda, Leenda come here, why do you look like a clown?"
It was 1986 and I was wearing Everlast boxing type pants and leather high tops while visiting my Grandfather in hospice. I have never boxed before and I mistakenly thought I looked cool in this get-up. Perhaps the other patients thought I was there to entertain them.
2. The last time I rode on a roller coaster was Space Mountain about 20 years ago. I held my black leather Coach bag under my chin as a sick bag.
3. My Dad flunked me when I enrolled in his class at the U of M.
4. I worked in the sports department for a local TV station and I had to cover a big Chicago White Sox event. When I returned to the station the Producer asked me who I had interviewed and I told him I had spoken with Scatman Crothers. Apparently Scatman never played for the Sox or any baseball team. The Producer was getting all red faced when he rather rudely told me that it was actually Minnie Minoso aka Mr. White Sox. Who knew? Not Me, it was the first time I had ever heard of Minnie.
Boy, did they hate me there.
Shouldn't I get some type of credit for knowing Scatman Crothers?
I could actually fill my list up with the unfortunate events during my stint in sports news. This was in the pre -Google days, so when I was asked to get tape of Carlton Fisk and I had no clue who he was, I had to secretly call Gar. Usually Gar's first response to my question went something like this, C'mon are you serious? You really don't know...
5. I am tired of seeing every one's feet. I look forward to flip flops going away.
6.I have apparently injured my Achilles tendons while sitting at the computer.
7. I have made wonderful friends through blogging and I pass this award on to all of you!