Tuesday, May 12, 2009


I love picnics, especially in my backyard . I always over pack and I like using real dishes and glasses, so lugging things out the back door is so much easier than to the beach or park. My favorite set-up is putting our giant round table top on the ground and carpeting the picnic area with a needlepoint rug and cushions for everyone. The table top sitting on the ground provides a sturdy surface for wine glasses and serving dishes, and I can load it with little white votive candles. I rescued an old Radio Flyer wagon from the curb, and once filled with ice, it will keep bottles icy cold. Can't wait to start picnicking!


Tumble Fish Studio said...

I'll bring the deviled eggs, pickles, and brownies! That's part of a traditional hillbilly picnic where I'm from. You made me think of Memorial Day. In the Ozarks, it is a tradition to visit all of the lovely little overgrown cemeteries where the great and the great-greats are buried in the rolling country mountains. The day long trip to numerous spots includes a picnic lunch and very often a wade in one of the clear cold natural springs. And, of course new flowers for all of the graves. It is a celebratory, happy day filled with stories and remembrances. I'll actually be in the Ozarks to enjoy it again this year.

Now, I'd love to visit one of your picnics too - bet it's a lot classier than my hillbilly style!

Linda Crispell said...

I would love to make a coffee table book called "Hillbilly Style"!

Bee Serendipitous said...

Linda...it sounds like soooo much fun...plus you don't have to fight the traffic & spends tons of money on gas to have food & fun..and I love the idea of using real plates and glasses instead of paper & plastic - an elegant event...please do show more pictures of your picnic adventures...grace & peace 2 "U" Marlene :O)

Coco said...

Linda you know how to do it with style. Show us photos.