Wednesday, February 18, 2009

These Are Not Winkies

I collect these little cards and up until today I called them winkies. The pictures formerly known as winkies, have animated pictures like Can Can girls dancing or hula dancers swaying their hips. I wanted to learn more info about these pictures so I Googled "winkies", yikes! A search turned up crotches, nudist camps and peculiar tan lines, no adorable little Cracker Jack prizes. What do you call these little moving pics?


LiLi M. said...

I love these too! I have little brooches with these kind of small cards (about an inch square). We used to call them 3d pictures. But they aren't because the 3d's don't 'move'. I'm anxious to know other names too.
I love your banner!

Gabriela said...

Hello Linda,

These are awesome and I have seen new ones...they are back!

~ Gabriela ~

Karen said...

I think they are called lenticulars

(and I have done those accidental searches ;-)

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

Oh my! I learn SOOOOOO much on the internet!

Linda Crispell said...

Thank you so much Karen!!! They are indeed called lenticulars.

Latharia said...

Don't feel alone. The Red Light restaurant in Chicago doesn't own the website you'd think would be easily associated with it, either. :D